Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays #32: Splintered by A.G. Howard


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.




My teaser:
I've been collecting bugs since I was ten; it's the only way I can stop their whispers. Sticking a pin through the gut of an insect shuts it up pretty quick.

-page 7, Splintered by A.G. Howard





~ Splintered by A.G. Howard
paperback arc, 377 pages
Expected publication: January 1st 2013 by Amulet Books
This stunning debut captures the grotesque madness of a mystical under-land, as well as a girl’s pangs of first love and independence. Alyssa Gardner hears the whispers of bugs and flowers—precisely the affliction that landed her mother in a mental hospital years before. This family curse stretches back to her ancestor Alice Liddell, the real-life inspiration for Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Alyssa might be crazy, but she manages to keep it together. For now.

When her mother’s mental health takes a turn for the worse and the whispers grow too strong to bear, Alyssa learns that what she thought was fiction is based in terrifying reality. The real Wonderland is a place far darker and more twisted than Lewis Carroll ever let on. There, Alyssa must pass a series of tests, including draining an ocean of Alice’s tears, waking the slumbering tea party, and subduing a vicious bandersnatch, to fix Alice’s mistakes and save her family. She must also decide whom to trust: Jeb, her gorgeous best friend and secret crush, or the sexy but suspicious Morpheus, her guide through Wonderland, who may have dark motives of his own.

Unless she fixes the things her great-great-great grandmother Alice put wrong, Wonderland will have her head.




Anyone can participate in Teaser Tuesdays. Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

9 comments:

  1. Wow!! I love the cover, so bright!! And sounds like a great read too, thanx for sharing the blurb and your teaser!

    You can check out My TT here-
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is even more beautiful in real! :] Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Sounds creepy! Not sure how Wonderland mixes with hearing insects and flowers but I'd give it a try. Check out my TT @ This Is How It's Supposed To Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really fully started it but I think this book is amazing. Or I hope so... *-* Thanks for stopping by! :]

      Delete
  3. oh wow that's a first? insects and flowers? I love her attitude though and the cover is so pretty! Thanks for sharing!

    My Teaser

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds very cool/creepy... :P Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. GREAT cover and teaser. I like the tie-in to Alice in Wonderland.
    My Teaser is from A COLLIE RESCUE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is an AMAZING cover. I'm adding it to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥