Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays #40: Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.




My teaser:
"Eat," Christian commands.
Deep down I know I'm hungry, but right now, my stomach is in knots. Sitting across from the only man I have ever loved and debating our uncertain future does not promote a healthy appetite. I look dubiously at my food.
"So help me God, Anastasia, if you don't eat, I will take you across my knee here in this restaurant, and it will have nothing to do with my sexual gratification. Eat!"
Keep your hair on, Grey. My subconcious stares at me over her half-moon specs. She is wholeheartedly in agreement with Fifty Shades.
"Okay, I'll eat. Stow your twitchy palm, please."

-page, 31-32, paperback



~Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades #2) by E.L. James
Paperback, 532 pages
Published September 15th 2011 by The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House 


Daunted by the singular sexual tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house. But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven, and demanding Fifty Shades. While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront her anger and envy of the women who came before her and make the most important decision of her life. Erotic, sparkling and suspenseful, Fifty Shades Darker is the irresistibly addictive second part of the Fifty Shades trilogy.




Anyone can participate in Teaser Tuesdays. Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

8 comments:

  1. I did like 'Fifty Shades Darker' better than the first one but neither blew me away! I just posted a review about a book with funny/interesting essays on Fifty Shades! But here are my teasers:
    http://universeinwords.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/teaser-tuesday-beckoning-bells.html
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit that I'm very curious about these books...and my daughter is reading and loving them (and she doesn't read much!).

    Here's
    MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Fifty Shades of Grey, so you should probably give it a chance. :D

      Delete
  3. This series is my guily pleasure, I love them and this is my favorite of the series. Nice tease!

    My TT

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too, even when I'm still in the middle of the second book. :P

      Delete
  4. I haven't read these books, but maybe I will sometime in the future. Reviews are mixed, aren't they?
    My Teaser is from SLIGHTLY CRACKED.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very mixed. You either love it or you don't. :P

      Delete

Share your thoughts! ♥