Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays: Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading.




My teaser:
Stretching up, I placed my lips to Aiden's, but the kiss turned out more chaste than the hot and steamy action I was going for. His arm tightened, though, and a fine tremor coursed through his body as if he was fighting the pull between us.

—page 99



~Apollyon (Covenant #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Paperback, 360 pages
Published April 4th 2013 by Spencer Hill Press
Fate isn’t something to mess with… and now, neither is Alex.

Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.

The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex’s power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex’s connection to Seth isn’t the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole “an Apollyon can’t be killed” theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.

Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer… or she might become the God Killer herself.






Anyone can participate in Teaser Tuesdays. Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!

• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



22 comments:

  1. Uh-uh, no keeping your hands of your girl, man. Chaste or not! ;)
    Hehe, I really need to start on this series, I heard so many great things!
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this series! Thanks for sharing and stopping by my TT!

    http://winterhavenbooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/teaser-tuesday-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great series :-) I missed Seth though...even though that's not a popular opinion. He adds some humor with his interactions with Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like an interesting fantasy novel. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good teaser! I haven't read this series yet, but I love, love, LOVE her Lux series! Thanks for visiting my teaser today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, awesome teaser! :P I can't believe he's keeping his hands off her. ;) I've not read this series yet - but I really want too! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my TT. :)
    Happy Reading! :D

    -----
    Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my site. I really dig what you have going on here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awwwwww Aiden is so cute!! Love this series!!!

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great quote, I really need to read this series. Thanks for stopping by!

    LisaILJ @ "I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh! What a great teaser! I'll admit I've never read a single Jennifer L. Armentrout book, but I've definitely been meaning to. This teaser makes me want to even worse, for sure. :)

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Weeeeell, that was steamy teasy teaser :D Looking good, probably going to add to my TBR :)
    Here's my TT :) Maria's Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have not yet read anything be Jennifer, but this teaser certainly makes me want to!

    Thanks for visiting.
    Stephanie (Go Flash Go) @ Read, Rinse, Repeat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no! That doesn't sound good. Great teaser and I have the first 3 books in these series, just need time to read it. :) Thank you

    I too have a teaser up this week, if you'd like to stop. :)
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/04/teaser-tuesday-161.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been meaning to read this series for so long! I haven't had the chance yet, but that sounded interesting :)

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Kar @ Pause Time

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome teaser. I haven't start on the series yet.

    Thanks for stopping by ai love books

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great teaser. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really liked this one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the teaser! It was very teasing (pun intended)! And thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can you believe that I have yet to read a JLA book? I know! I need to get on it already :(

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE THIS SERIES! Great teaser! =)

    Thanks for stopping by our teasers!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥