Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book

Top Ten Tuesdays is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish that features a new topic each week where we have to put down our top ten of it.




I used to participate in this meme but at some point I stopped. Not really sure why because I loved this meme, so I decided to just start it again. It's so much fun! =D



This week's topic:
Top Ten Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book
+
I have put up some books that have the certain topic in them.





10. Elements ~
I really love books where the character or characters can control the elements. Storm (love me some Merrick brothers!)


9. Vampires ~
Lately it might not be the newest thing in paranormal fiction, but I will always love vampire books.


8. Forbidden Love ~
Books about forbidden love are a big weakness of mine. Whether it's in the paranormal or contemporary genre, there's just something about them that makes me devour the pages. 


7. Historical Fiction/Romance ~
I'm a sucker for history and historical fiction. Anything from ancient Egypt to Victorian England. I gotta read it.


6. Edgar Allen Poe ~
Poe is a small obsession of mine. I love his stories and poems but I also love books that are based on his poems or retellings from it. Anything.


5. Fairies/Fairies/Fey/Fae ~
Anyway you wanna call them. I love me some fae books! There's just something about those beings that I love reading about. Their magic, mystery, beauty? Anything!


4. Unique Writing ~
I love books with a unique writing style. It has to be done just right, though, for me to really like it ben when it is, there are some beautiful gems out there.


3.  Peter Pan ~
Another little obsession from mine. I simply adore the original story by J.M. Barrie but there are some pretty great retellings of it out there too. I always have to absolutely read them no matter what. Love Peter!


2. Retellings ~
I adore fairytale and poem retellings. Lately there are lot fairytale retellings already but I'll I can say is; keep 'em coming! Also am in love with poem retellings. There aren't much of those but from what I've read so far it's pretty damn good writing!
Cinder | Nameless | Christabel | Ashes on the Waves | Life After Theft


1. Greek Mythology ~
My absolute #1 is definitely Greek Mythology. I love, love, love this topic and can't get enough to know more about ancient Greece, the gods and all the mythology.



And that's my top ten of this week. I had a lot of fun doing it. Such a great topic this was! 



16 comments:

  1. I love retellings and Greek mythology too! And I totally agree about Elements - Storm was such an awesome book. :) Great list!

    My TTT: http://dragongirl28.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-wordstopics.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list!!! I love that you gave examples. I totally didn't even think of being that smart!
    <3! New follower GFC & G+
    Beth | The Reading Vixens
    Vixen's Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your choices! I forgot the forbidden love aspect on my list. It's always so sweet when it all works out in the end.

    Check out my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with elements! Didn't think of that one. I also put forbidden love and vampires on my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love Greek mythology. Its like an obsession of mine. The same goes for fairies.
    Old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greek Mythology is something I hated while in school, but I agree, I can't get enough of it now in YA. Thanks for visiting my TTT.

    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  7. (Fairy tale) retellings are on my list too, and I love books with unique writing styles! :) My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.com/2013/04/29/topicsword/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! Wish I'd thought to include titles, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a big fan of retellings as well. I like to see the author's own unique spin on a tale. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list!! I love reading about the elements!! (Although I'm not a big fan of Storm, I love the Alchemyst!) And Peter Pan....I LOVE MYTHS/LEGENDS. Great list and thanks for stopping by my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vampires, historical fiction, retellings, mythology, I can see we have quite some in common :D

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hell yes to the forbidden love(:
    Come check out mine at: http://www.nobentspines.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. We share some of these! Love reading about ancient Greece and Greek mythology. Actually, any mythology, or a retelling of any mythology, is good to me. I love seeing other people's takes on it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. E. A. Poe is an interesting choice :) And I agree on unique writing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love love love retellings - not sure I've read any poem retellings, though!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥