Thursday, July 10, 2014

Throwback Thursday #29: Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning

Throwback Thursday is a bookish meme hosted every two weeks by me and Christina @ Booksane where we feature books that we've read in the past but are still crazy about. It could be a book you read as a child and still remember and love or maybe just a book that you haven't read in a long time and want to show your love for.
Each week we'll be featuring a new random question to answer!
--






Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning
Fever #2
Read from October 19 to 23, 2011

 

I used to be your average, everyday girl but all that changed one night in Dublin when I saw my first Fae, and got dragged into a world of deadly immortals and ancient secrets...

In her fight to stay alive, MacKayla must find the Sinsar Dubh—a million-year-old book of the blackest magic imaginable, which holds the key to power over the worlds of both the Fae and Man. Pursued by assassins, surrounded by mysterious figures she knows she can’t trust, Mac finds herself torn between two deadly and powerful men: V’lane, the immortal Fae Prince, and Jericho Barrons, a man as irresistible as he is dangerous.

For centuries the shadowy realm of the Fae has coexisted with that of humans. Now the walls between the two are coming down, and Mac is the only thing that stands between them.



The second book of what probably is my favorite adult series was just as good as the first one. I think I read this one twice, the second time was last year if I'm not mistaken and it was as good as reading it the first time.  <3




Quote:
“I'm sorry your pretty little world got all screwed up, but everybody's does, and you go on. It's how you go on that defines you.”




Question of this week:

What's your favorite book-to-movie adaptation?



Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones

Hayao Miyazaki is a genius. Everyone knows that. And he did such a fantastic job with Howl's Moving Castle. I actually read the book after I saw the movie but I still found it an amazing read. So both the book and movie are some of my top favorites. 




Next question (July 24): 
Now it's gonna get dirty... show us your bookmarks!

--





If you'd like to participate in Throwback Thursday you can add your post to the linky below. 




2 comments:

Share your thoughts! ♥