Saturday, September 13, 2014

Stacking The Shelves #79

Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme hosted @ Tynga's Reviews, to showcase the books we received.
--




This haul is everything I collected in the last couple of weeks since I haven't been able to do a STS post in a while. =D


Bought:
Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead
Panic by Lauren Oliver
Sleep No More by Aprilynne Pike
I found all three these books in a bookstore. They're all favorite authors of mine so it was to good to resist for me!


Bought:
The Iron Trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare
Another book I found at a bookstore (gotta love Fnac!) and also way too good to resist. 

Bought: 
Sins & Needles by Karina Halle
This book I bought on The Book Depository. It was only like €3 at the time so I felt like I had to. Can't wait to start it!

Won:
Fade into Red by Reshma K. Barshikar 
I'm hoping I can read this book soon because it sounds really great and I love the cover. So much green, I love it!



From Library:
Tales of the Macabre by Edgar Allan Poe with Charles Baudelaire as contributer and Benjamin Lacombe as illustrator
I love my library for having this book. I'm a huge Poe fan and the illustrations are fantastic too. Wish I could keep it forever!

Bought:
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Found this book for only .99 on Amazon for Kindle. It was a good price for me because I ended up not really liking it as much as I had hoped I would.


Bought:
On Every Street by Karina Halle
Another .99 I found on Amazon and it's the prequel of Sins & Needles so why not, right? Though it's recommeded to be read AFTER Sins & Needles.

Bought:
Gone by Michael Grant
Yeah. I bought a lot, I know. I couldn't resist Gone for the price of only $1.99 for Kindle, though. Fab price for what I hope will be a fantastic book. I've only read one Michael Grant book but I really liked that one so... *fingers crossed* 


For Review:
Incarcerated by Inger Iversen
I'm so excited to read this book. It's a different genre than what I'm used to from her so it'll be interesting for sure. But look at that cover. Hot damn!





And lastly, though this has nothing to do with STS... I wanted to say that I've been recently hired as the virtual assistant of Lesa Howard, author of Phantom's Dance. It's a YA retelling of The Phantom of the Opera and I really enjoyed it (obviously). So if anyone wanted to read and review it, just let me know. E-mail me at stephanie.verhaegen@hotmail.com or send me a message on Twitter, Facebook or Goodreads and I'll get back to you.
--




So, what books did you all receive?
Leave me links to your hauls so I can stop by!


7 comments:

  1. The Iron Trial was pretty good! :) Too bad you didn't enjoy Throne of Glass. =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already have the e-ARC but couldn't resist when I saw that physical copy. I'm not giving up on the other books, though. I wanna try to at least read the second book.

      Delete
  2. I still haven't started the Gone series though I do have all the books ready to read. I really need to find time for it this winter. I didn't like the BZRK series so I'm a bit worried...Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend really loves Gone and the other books so I think I'll like it too. And Messenger of Fear was awesome. So hopefully... :D

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed Iron Trial a lot. You have a much of great books. Here's my STS: http://booklovingnut.blogspot.com/2014/09/stacking-shelves-10-september-13-2014.html

    Erin @ The Book Nut

    ReplyDelete
  4. My book is in Belgium!!! This is beyond cool...can't wait for you to read it:)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥