Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday ~ The Most Unique Books I've Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.



► Top Ten of The Most Unique Books I've Read 

Here is my top ten of my favorite most unique books. I've also added some quotes from them. As always the books are randomly ordered.


Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson {Read my review here}
“Maybe all of her strangeness, her curse, her always feeling like an outsider, had all existed so that she could belong here, with Peter.” 


The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
"The finest of pleasures are always the unexpected ones.”



“Even if we lose, what of it? We have made a song of freedom that will ring for a thousand years. No one will forget the Iceni or their red-haired queen.”


Every Day by David Levithan {Read my review here}
"I wake up thinking of yesterday. The joy is in remembering; the pain is in knowing it was yesterday."

And I Darken by Kiersten White {Read my review here}
“Fire burned in her heart, and her wounded soul spread out, casting a shadow like wings across her country.” 


Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff


Transfigured by Ava Zavora {Read my review here}
"Some curses may be broken, but never completely destroyed..." 

Caraval by Stephanie Garber {Read my review here}
“Hope is a powerful thing. Some say it’s a different breed of magic altogether. Elusive, difficult to hold on to. But not much is needed.” 



Have you read any of these books or what books would you consider unique? Let me know!



23 comments:

  1. Oh Everyday made my list too! I also have Illuminae in the hope to read section. Some great looking books on this list! My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every Day would definitely fall into this category. I'm very curious about the Illuminae series.

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/04/the-most-unique-books-ive-read-part-deux.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Every Day is a popular choice today. And the thing about Illuminae is that I wasn't sure I was gonna like it but now I'm such a huge fan of those books!

      Delete
  3. I'm seeing The Night Circus on a lot of lists today, which is great because it's one of my favorite books! It's definitely a unique concept!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only read The Night Circus back in February but wow I love it so much. And it's still my favorite read of 2017 so far.

      Delete
  4. I love that cover of The Night Circus! That and Illuminae made my list as well and And I Darken is one I'm hoping to get to this month! :)

    Stacy Renee @ Lazy Day Literature

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Day of Fire sounds really interesting. I'll have to check that out.
    Here is my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting picks. Have to add some of them to my TBR. I haven't read any of them yet. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Illuminae and Gemina feel like must-reads so I really must read them soon! Oh, and The Night CIrcus sounds so amazing as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so very unique. I can't get enough of those books! The same goes for The Night Circus. :)

      Delete
  8. I agree with a lot of these! Like Night Circus, Every day, and And I Darken. I want to read Caraval so bad. Excellent list! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. Home run on Every Day. That is one of the most unique books I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yay I got Illuminae and Gemina from the library the other day!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I couldn't agree more with your selection. 😊 There are a few I have yet to read, but I'm getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list! I just bought Caraval and I can't wait to read it!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Illuminae & Gemina should be on everyone's list to be honest. I mean... DUHH.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wasn't that keen on The Night Circus but I really enjoyed Caraval. And I really want to read And I Darken.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/04/11/top-ten-tuesday-102/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ugh, I so need to read Tiger Lily and The Night Circus already!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥