Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Can't-Wait Wednesday: The Artist’s Muse by Kerry Postle

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. It's based on Waiting On Wednesday hosted at Breaking the Spine.



The Artist’s Muse by Kerry Postle
Expected publication: August 25th 2017 by HQ Digital

Vienna 1907
Wally Neuzil must find a way to feed her family. Having failed in many vocations, Wally has one last shot: esteemed artist Gustav Klimt needs a muse, and Wally could be the girl he’s been waiting for. But Wally soon discovers that there is much more to her role than just sitting looking pretty. And while she had hoped to establish herself as an emerging lady, the upper classes see her as no more than a prostitute.

With her society dreams dashed Wally finds herself at rock bottom. So when young artist, Egon Schiele, shows her how different life can be Wally grabs hold of the new start she’s been desperately seeking. As a passionate love affair ensues will he be the making of her or her undoing?



This book sounds so perfect for me. Set in the early 20th century + it's about a muse of a famous artist (in this case Gustav Klimt!) It's definitely one of my favorite things to read about. I hope the book is going to be great! ♥




9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cover! Hope you enjoy it!!

    Here's mine:

    http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.ca/2017/06/cant-wait-wednesday-watch-me-disappear.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that cover! And the blurb and the fact that it's historical fiction....really I love it all! Adding it to my TBR now. Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting sounding. I hope you get to enjoy it!

    My CWW: http://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2017/06/cww-becoming-of-noah-shaw.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm, I do love Klimt. This one sounds very interesting and I love the cover. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fantastic week, Stephanie. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cover! Hope you can get your hands on it soon!
    Check out my Can't Wait Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've pre-ordered my copy. Sounds just my thing too. Historical fiction is my thing and I love art.Thanks for highlighting it for me. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Art and historical fiction! I can totally see why this one appeals to you so much ;)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥