Sunday, June 25, 2017

ARC Review: Open Wounds by Inver Iversen

Title: Open Wounds: Abel and Hope: Love Against the Odds
Author: Inger Iversen
Publication: June 28th 2017

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Purchase: Amazon

Rating: 4.5/5

Open Wounds: Hope & Abel, a Love Against the Odds AWWM Novella

If you could see your life from inception to death, would you change things or would you let your death play out as fate intended?

Abel is in search of only two things: a stable job and a safe place to lay his head at night after a mistake that cost him eighteen months of his life. As if fate had plans made only for him, Abel is offered a complicated job, and a chance to redeem himself to his old boss.
And then he meets her …
And Abel adds another item to his list—Hope.

At twenty-six, Hope has only ever slept with one man, and at her boss’s unsolicited advice, Hope plans to forget the abuse and degradation she suffered at her ex’s hand by seducing and bedding the next man she meets. Unfortunately, after Hope finds a promise of death at her doorstep, her plans are derailed and her only chance at staying alive rests on the dedication of her new bodyguard and her own sheer will to live the life she deserves.


Everytime I finish a book by Inger Iversen I feel like I've read my news favorite book by her. It's the same with this new book by her. I pretty much loved it right from the start and I also think that Abel and Hope are my new favorite couple from her books (I probably say this every single time too but it's true.) 

This story is about Hope who's been running away from her abusive husband, Mark. Soon enough Mark finds out where she is and that's where Abel comes in as Hope's bodyguard and her only hope (no pun inteded) to keep her alive. The only things Hope and Abel hadn't counted on was to be fiercely attracted to one another.

Seriously, this book was such a great romance. It definitely ended up being my favorite one of the year so far in this genre. I loved both Hope as well as Abel (and not just because he can cook, although I felt slightly obsessed with the food he made for Hope.) The romance between them was sexy, steamy and just amazing!

The thing I probably loved the most was the change Hope made throughout the book once she met Abel. He helped her find the strength and confidence within that she needed to finally stand up to Mark in the end, which was really powerful.

Overall, Open Wounds was another hit for Inger Iversen. Not only was it a quick read, romantic and well written, there was also the element of suspense that made it even better. And I also feel like I should say how totally gorgeous the cover is. I can only say: go read it now!

This book is one you can read as a standalone but I'd recommend to read the books in order.

Incarcerated: Letters from Inmate 92510   -Katie & Logan {My Review} 
Inevitable: Love and War - 2/28/2015        -Teal & Trent 1 {My Review}
Indelible: Beneath His Ink - 12/12/2016    -Teal & Trent 2 {My Review}
Rogue in Love - 3/28/2017 *standalone*   -Thea & Lex {My Review}
Open Wounds - 6/28/2017 *standalone*     -Hope & Abel {This review}
Indebted: Til Death Do us Part 9/28/2017  -Teal & Trent 3
Weathered Souls 12/28/2017 *standalone* -Ivory & Eric


There is also a boxed set of Incarcerated, Inevitable and Indelible
Find it here.



About Inger
Inger Iversen is an American author residing in Virginia. She lives for bringing her fictional characters from darkness to light through self-discovery and passion. From her emotionally gripping, new adult Few Are Angels series that builds in intensity and intrigue to a finale you won’t see coming, to her international bestselling interracial romance dubbed “one of the most emotionally gripping” books of the summer, Inger breathes life into her fiction through her enthusiasm and devotion to writing. Her influences range from life experiences and daydreams, Inger spends her time in the writing cave and fantasizing of the day she can figure out how to Weird Science her characters to life.
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Instagram



2 comments:

  1. I'm happy you can love this author's works so much. This actually sounds like the perfect romance, and although I had never heard of it before, the synopsis and your review has me convinced. I am so going to try this one!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥