Saturday, July 8, 2017

Stacking The Shelves: July 8, 2017

Stacking The Shelves is a weekly bookish meme hosted @ Tynga's Reviews & Reading Reality.




Bought:
The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli
I broke my book buying ban to buy these pretty books. I finally allowed myself to get The Upside of Unrequited, which I hope is just as good as her other book. 
Then I also bought The Celts, a nonfiction by Alice Roberts. I saw the 3 part BBC documentary which I loved I just had to have this book that was based on it. And it is SO good! ♥


Bought:
Tempting the Crown by Violet Paige
I could not resist this one for 99c.

Bought:
The Bloodline by C.S. Feldman
Also this one for 99c by one of my favorite authors.


Freebie:
The Witch of Napoli by Michael Schmicker
Grabbed this free book which sounds fantastic!

Bought:
Turbulence by Whitney G.
Another book for 99c that a friend made me buy. ;)


For Review:
The Duchess Deal
by Tessa Dare
This came highly recommended to me so I downloaded it from Edelweiss. It's my first Tessa Dare book!

For Review:
The Artist's Muse by Kerry Postle
This one sounds so freaking good and it involves Gustav Klimt!




Have a great weekend, everyone! ♥


25 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if I've watched anything about the Celts on tv...my memory isn't the best these days, but I've never read any books on the subject. I do enjoy the Tudor period though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy the Tudor period also. Seen many documentaries and movies on it but haven't read many books about it, sadly enough. I want to, though!

      Delete
  2. I agree about the Alice Roberts book! I've read that too, and enjoyed it. I haven't seen the series, though!

    Enjoy your new books! :)

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was a great docu series! And have almost finished the book now. *sniffles*

      Delete
  3. I just bought both Simon vs the Homo Sapiens AND The Upside of Unrequited recently because everyone has been suggesting them to me. lol! I can't wait to pick them up soon. Hope we both love The Upside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Upside of Unrequited is going to be my next read. I'm just so worried I won't love it as much as Simon. *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  4. Just grabbed The Witch of Napoli! Looks like a great haul for you. - Katie

    Here's my STS: http://justanothergirlandherbooks.blogspot.de/2017/07/stacking-shelves-8-july-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard great things about The Upside of Unrequited! :)

    Enjoy your new books! :)

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My Book Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I have the Upside and yes I am so excited to get to it myself! Hope it is worth the break ;) My Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Bloodline sounds really good. I may have to check that one out. Nice haul and hope you enjoy all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVED Simon and really enjoyed The Upside... I hope you do too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have The Upside, just haven't had a chance to read it just yet, hopefully soon. I've heard great things about it. Tempting the Crown sounds really good, I'm a such for those kind of books. Enjoy your new reads and have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, the Bloodline looks SO CREEPY!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They all look great. I hope you enjoy them all. I'm curious about Tempting The Crown. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Book buying bans are just a suggestion anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omggggggg your first Tessa Dare book???? I hope you love it! And when you do, try her Castles Ever After series. And then her Spindle Cove series. :D :D :D :D :D I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a wonderful week, Stephanie. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished The Duchess Dare the other day and loved it! <3

      Delete
  14. The Tessa Tare book looks so good. I hope you enjoy all of your new reads.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, so many books!

    I really enjoyed The Upside of Unrequited! It's just so cute and heartfelt, I think I like it more than Simon but I did enjoy his cameo!

    Thanks for sharing!
    ~Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't heard of a lot of these books, but I've heard wonderful things about the Upside of Unrequited, so I hope you can really enjoy that one. Happy reading, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you'll enjoy Turbulence by Whitney G. - loved it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohh, do tell what you think of The Upside of Unrequited.
    I haven't had the chance to read it yet, and I'd love to hear your thoughts (:

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥